2018 Youth Arts Enrichment Grant Guidelines
Youth Arts Enrichment (YAE) grants support specific programming that uses the arts to enrich the lives of young people, aged 5 to 18, in and out of school. Approximately $232,000 will be awarded in grants of up to $20,000 each.
GRANT PROGRAM GOAL
To provide high quality arts instruction, training, and participatory experiences to young people (aged 5 to 18) who are most unlikely to access cultural enrichment through other avenues. This includes programming in Philadelphia’s most underserved, impoverished communities.
An organization is only eligible to apply if it meets both conditions below:
1. It is a 2018 Art & Culture Grantee in the Established Organization category,
- as a 2018 general operating applicant, or
- as a 2016 or 2017 multi-year general operating grantee that met reporting and eligibility requirements
2. It did NOT receive a 2016 or 2017 YAE Grant
The following 2018 Grantees are not eligible:
- New & Emerging applicants
- Program applicants
- Applicants that received a score below the board-determined cut-off
PROGRAM & APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- An eligible organization may apply for a grant of up to $20,000 to support a specific youth arts program. Successful proposals may receive full or partial funding.
- The specific youth arts programming must occur between July 1, 2018 and December 31, 2019.
- Applications consist of: an online application form & narrative; biographies of key staff/artists; program documentation and a Program Budget.
- Program Budget restrictions/guidelines:
- The Program Budget must be for the specific youth arts program for which the applicant is requesting funding.
- Applicants are required to use the Program Budget Form provided by the Philadelphia Cultural Fund in the application.
- The Program Budget cannot exceed 20% of the organization’s average operating budget as indicated in the organization’s DataArts Funder’s Report submitted to qualify for its 2018 Art & Culture Grant (either with 2018 application, or with Interim Reports for 2016 & 2017 multi-year recipients). Those that exceed 20% will be disqualified. Any questions, please call the Cultural Fund staff at 267-419-7641.
- Grant funds can support both Direct and Indirect Program Expenses.
- Direct Program Expenses are those necessary to operate the specific youth arts program, such as program staff, artistic expenses, production costs, equipment, and materials. Direct Program Expenses must represent at least 90% of the Program Budget.
- Indirect Program Expenses are those costs associated with administration and facilities to operate the youth arts program, such as rent and cleaning. Indirect Program Expenses cannot exceed 10% of the Program Budget. Those that exceed 10% will be disqualified.
- Grant Funds may not be requested for or used to fund the organization’s general operating expenses. For example, a potter’s wheel used in a pottery program is a direct expense and is eligible, but a photocopier is not.
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS
Philadelphia Cultural Fund staff will pre-screen applications for eligibility prior to peer panel review. Qualified applications will undergo two rounds of peer panel review; site visits are not part of the YAE application process. The Philadelphia Cultural Fund’s Board of Directors will make final grant determinations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 23, 2018 at 5:00 PM
HOW TO APPLY
- are completed online
- can be worked on over time and saved after each session
- will be available on the Philadelphia Cultural Fund website on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Click the following link to access the 2018 Youth Arts Enrichment Grant Application
Questions can be directed to Michelle Currica, Program Manager, at 267-419-7642 or email@example.com
- February 14, 2018 — Guidelines and application available
- March 23, 2018 — Application deadline, 5:00 PM
- April/May, 2018 — Application review
- Late May, 2018 — Grant Awards made
- March, 2020 — Grant Report due